11/08/2022 • 1 min read
The relationship between teaching and assessment in IGCSE Business Studies
Join Emilia Nawfal as she draws on her experience as an IGCSE Business Studies teacher, Kognity book reviewer, and Academic Head to deliver a webinar on the relationship between teaching and assessment in the Business Studies syllabus.
– Discovers the relationship between assessment objectives and breadth and depth of teaching
– Aligns assessment objectives to teaching and command words
– Discusses some teaching strategies for better understanding
– Explains how Kognity helps us to improve teaching and learning
– Does a quick activity to mark a case study and deliberate answers
– Discusses the importance of formative and summative assessments to teachers (predicting grades) and students
About the host:
Emilia Borissova Ilieva-Nawfal is a Business Studies, Economics and Business Management teacher. She is also an IB Examiner and Workshop Leader for Business Management and Extended Essay. Emilia is the quality controller for Kognity’s Business Studies and Economics IGCSE books, as well as the Business Management book for the IB DP. She is currently teaching in the British School of Sofia, Bulgaria, where as an Academic Head she is striving for excellence.