22/06/2023 • 2 min read
Webinar: What’s changing in IB DP Biology?
This webinar supports DP Biology educators as they prepare for first teaching of the new syllabus (from September 2023), providing an overview of the new structure and guidance on adapting to the changes effectively.
The session answers questions including:
- What was the driving force and philosophy behind the new changes?
- What should you do with the “Roadmap?”
- How should the “Guiding Questions” and “Linking Question” be used?
- How has the External Assessment changed?
- How has the Internal Assessment changed?
- Can you use any of your old teaching materials?
About the host
As a faculty member of the first IB high school in Florida, Warren Hunnicutt taught IB Biology for 32 years.
Currently, he has a number of roles with the IB: he is a moderator, examiner, course outline reader, and a workshop leader in Biology, ESS and ATL. He has conducted workshops all over the world, and he is heavily involved with the Subject Specific Seminars for Biology, which examine the new syllabus. Warren is also Lead Author of Kognity’s new teaching and learning resources for the latest DP Biology syllabus.
Thank you so much. Spent 3 full days in IB training over the weekend but this was so much more informative.
Access webinar recording
You will shortly be redirected to the recording of Warren Hunnicutt’s webinar “What’s changing in IB DP Biology?”. You can also click here to open the recording in this tab.
This webinar was delivered live on 20 June 2023.