Supplemental Privacy Statement for California Residents
Last Updated: 9 January 2023
What We Have Done in the Preceding twelve Months
Within the preceding twelve months, Kognity may have collected and disclosed the following categories of CCPA Personal Information in connection with its websites and Hiring Service (with references to the category in the CCPA regulations):
- Identifiers, such as name, contact information, and online identifiers;
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, and, for those using the Hiring Service, names, e-mails, pictures and videos, information from Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, titles, education, and other information provided through the Hiring Service;
- For the Hiring Service, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, ethnicity, or sex;
- Commercial information, such as information about products or services purchased, used or considered;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our websites;
- Geolocation data, such as device location and IP location;
- Audio, electronic, and visual information, such as call and video recordings;
- For the Hiring Service, professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the CCPA Personal Information listed above to create a profile/summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
This does not mean that all examples of the above categories of CCPA Personal Information were in fact collected and disclosed, but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been collected and disclosed.
As described in our General Privacy Policies, we collected this CCPA Personal Information from you, external channels or sources or through our Hiring Service. Also as described in this policy, we may use this CCPA Personal Information to manage and improve our websites, administer the potential as well as the existing contractual relationship, for marketing purposes, and to manage and administer our Hiring Service. We may also use CCPA Personal Information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, to: develop, improve, repair, and maintain our products and services; personalize, advertise, market, sell and distribute our products and services; communicate with customers; conduct research, analytics, and data analysis; maintain our facilities and infrastructure; undertake quality and safety assurance measures; conduct risk and security control and monitoring; detect and prevent fraud; perform identity verification; perform accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; comply with law, legal process, and internal policies; maintain records; and exercise and defend legal claims.
Sale and Sharing
What You Can Do
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we:
(1) Disclose to you the following information covering the twelve months preceding your request:
- categories of CCPA Personal Information we’ve collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such CCPA Personal Information;
- specific pieces of CCPA Personal Information we’ve collected about you;
- business or commercial purpose for collecting CCPA Personal Information about you; and
- categories of CCPA Personal Information about you that we shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such CCPA Personal Information (if applicable).
(2) Delete CCPA Personal Information we collected from you, and correct any inaccurate CCPA Personal Information we collected from you.
(3) Opt you out of any future sale or sharing of CCPA Personal Information about you.
To make a request for any of these disclosures or exercise any of these rights, please email us at [email protected], with the subject line “California Rights Request” in the subject line. You can also contact us at +18882104312.
We’ll respond to your requests consistent with applicable law. We may need to verify your identity. You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Your California “Shine the Light” Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please email us at [email protected] with “California Shine the Light Inquiry” in the subject line, indicating in your email that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry. We’ll respond to your requests consistent with applicable law. We may need to verify your identity.
Changes to this California Privacy Notice
We may change or update this Supplemental Privacy Statement for California Residents from time to time. When we do, we’ll post the revised California Privacy Notice in this section or as otherwise required by law, with a new “Last Updated” date.